Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oak Alley Plantation






Oak Alley Plantation is a beautiful historic site in Vacherie, Louisiana. It was a sugar cane plantation in the 1800s. The huge oak trees in front of the mansion, form a canopy to shade the walkway below. Like in the movie, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, slaves worked in the fields on the plantation.


Today visitors can take a tour of the house and gardens and enjoy themselves while drinking delicious mint julips.




For more information:
http://www.OakAlleyPlantation.com

8 comments:

  1. I don't want to eat alligater.
    you and your daughter are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go there.
    I want to see plantation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Orleans reminds me of the Desney movie.
    The movie title is The Princess and the Frog.
    Your daughter looks like princess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked your picture, and I rememberd huckleberry finn's movie.I thought that I want to go there too. Your daughter is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand to existence model of Huckleberry.This plase is very beautifull, so I want to go there. Your daughter so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your pictures of Oak Alley Plantation.
    I could remember that slaves worked there easily.
    I love nature, so I feel like walking into the nature and taking a lot of pictures.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that I want to go to there.
    This building was used by the movie.
    And your daughter is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,I was suprised these alligator.I want to go to these sightseeing!!You are very cute:)

    ReplyDelete